Romance Novels — Solution
Author: Chris King
Each image in this puzzle clues a word or phrase. Each word or phrase in the left column is paired with a word or phrase in the right column to form the name of a classical novel, joined by "and," while excluding any leading articles.
|GREEN EGGS||FUTURE KING|
The left-column phrases are sorted alphabetically by the author's last name:
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- Sons and Lovers by D. H. Lawrence
- The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer
- Mario and the Magician by Thomas Mann
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- The Red and the Black by Stendhal
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
- The Once and Future King by T. H. White
The right column is categorized by the final answer's phrase. Using the number in the corner, take that letter from the corresponding author's last name.
These indexed letters spell ANSWER MATCHES, meaning that MATCHES is the answer to the puzzle. This answer is appropriate from all the matching that took place to get the answer.